Y.V.N.R.GOVT. Degree college is an institute, which provides quality education in a diverse and intellectually stimulating environment. It imparts value addition training to students to make them competent and inspired students. The Institute celebrates the power of knowledge, cultivates vision and encourages new ideas, besides aiming to inculcate human values and build awareness about the self and society around.
The president of the college committee Sri. Y. Raja Rama Chandar himself donated Rs. 1 lakh for the college to be named after his father, late. Sri. Yerneni Venkata Nageswara Rao. Hence the college is named as Y.V.N.R. Govt. Degree College.
AIMS & Objectives of The College:
- To serve the community through qualitative Higher Education at Under Graduate Level.
- To impart qualitative and value based higher education to the students of the rural area with global standards, to fit in the global village as responsible citizens.
- To build a Knowledge Society.
- To inculcate Social and cultural Values
- To produce intellectually Competent, morally upright and socially committed Citizens.
- To gear the youth towards nation building
- To imbibe the spirit of national integration
- To make the students personally mature, professionally equipped, and service oriented, to become assets to the community and nation.
BRIEF HISTORY OF THE COLLEGE:
Kaikaluru is a major panchayat located in Kolleru area, surrounded by many small hamlets. Agriculture and Aqua culture are the main occupations. Having realized the need for higher education for the rural youth who are economically backward, Sri. Y. Raja Rama Chandar, Ex-MLA, Sri. K. Vithal Rao Ex-MLC and late Sri. G. Narasimha Rao an advocate and a member of college committee, philanthropist and socially conscious people formed a committee, raised a donation of 4.5 Lakhs and paid the corpus fund of Rs. 2 Lakhs and a contingent expenditure of Rs. 2.5 Lakhs for one year to the government. The government accorded permission in G.O.Ms.No. 718 Education, dated 21.8.82. So the college was established in August 1982 with B.A., B.Com., and B.Sc courses
The college started working in Junior college campus. In 1994, the college committee constructed an RCC Building with six rooms. The college which was temporarily affiliated to Andhra University Vizag, was permanently affiliated to Acharya Nagarjuna University. Vide Lr.No.NU/Affil-1/GDC/RA, dated 19-3-1991. It has been admitted into 2(f) and 12(B) of UGC from the year 1992-93. Since then the college has been receiving grants from UGC. From the academic year 2010-2011 the college is affiliated to Krishna University, Machilipatnam, Krishna District..
- Rs. 2,45,000 under VIII plan of UGC.
- Rs. 25,00,000 has been sanctioned for the construction of buildings prior to the visit of NAAC.
- Rs. 2,94,000 for the construction of library building.
- Rs. 20,00,000 for the construction of Ladies Hostel in the campus.
- Cycle shed & compound wall were constructed and now we have a good view of the college.
NAAC peer team visited the college from 15th to 17th Feb 2007. The College was assessed & accredited by the NAAC and was awarded “B” Grade.
Proposals for an auditorium, language lab & other infrastructural development have been submitted to the government. Hence the college with its gradual development in all aspects stands eminent in Kaikaluru, in imparting higher education through highly qualified and experienced staff and administration of the able and efficient principals. So we would encourage the young boys and girls to join the college for a good future.
Some of the activities undertaken by the N.S.S. are:
- Clean and Green in the College Campus.
- Tree plantation programme.
- Conduct Aids awareness programmes.
- Conduct Blood donation camps.
- Celebration of N.S.S. day and World Aids Day.
- Conduct special Medical Campus.
- Conduct rallies on different occasions.
- Constructive and informative programmes in surrounding villages in collaboration with local people.
- Collecting funds for flood victims and other incidents to aid the victims of natural calamities and epidemics
- Participate in pulse polio immuno campus. This program gives a free vent to the spirit of concern and help in the students.