LIST OF POLICIES
YVNR GDC does not discriminate on any legally documented basis. It is not limited to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, disability, ethnic background, genetic information, sexual orientation/gender identity as defined by law, age as defined by law, or military status, in the administration of its employment policies, educational policies, admissions policies, scholarships and other college administered programs.
- Students of YVNR GDC are required to carry a valid I.D. card with them at all times when they are on campus.
- This card must be presented at once when requested by any official of the college.
- All students are expected to maintain their I.D. card during all semesters they are enrolled in.
- If an I.D. card is lost or stolen, it should be reported immediately to class counselor.
- Violation of this policy will result in disciplinary action under the students’ code of conduct.
- The students who are studying in this college are instructed to maintain proper dress code.
- As per the UGC guidelines the college has framed it’s timings from 10.00A.M to 5.00P.M.
- Every period is of one hour duration and the lunch break is also of one hour duration with the timings between 1P.M to 2P.M.
- Attendance of all students, teaching & non- teaching staff members and Principal is recorded using Biometric Attendance Recorder Machine. There are three Biometric Attendance Recorder machines. All staff members and students are required to mark their attendance twice a day, in the morning when they enter into the college and in the evening while leaving the college premises.
- Every hour classroom attendance is taken by concerned lecturer by using Integrated Attendance Management System (IAMS) app designed by Government of AP.
- Staff should be available in the college premises during the entire period of college hours, on all working days.
- The disciplinary policy at college recognizes the relationship that students have with their individual teachers. Every effort is made by the teacher and student to work together to resolve any problem. There is no discrimination among staff and students in aspects of caste, creed, race and religion.
- The students are instructed not to bring any cell phone in to the college premises.
- Students use the chosen student bathrooms properly and help keep them clean and neat.
- Students are advised to throw the sanitary napkins only in dustbins.
- Creating a no plastic zone in the college campus.
- Teaching / Non-teaching Staff are advised not to attend to any calls while in the Class Rooms / Laboratories/Library.
- No employee is authorized to put up any information (whether written / poster / sign, etc.) on the college notice board, walls, doors, without the prior approval of the head of the institution.
The college follows the rules as per the holiday list announced by Krishna University, Andhra Pradesh.
Infrastructure Development Policy:
The infrastructure development committee will monitor the required infrastructure in various class rooms.
- All written or oral communication within the institution will be in Telugu and English
- All employees shall orally communicate either among themselves or with students in English or Telugu or any other language understood by them.
- All e-mail, Internet, Fax or other electronic transmissions shall be carried out in English.
- All staff members of Y.V.N.R.GDC are in college WhatsApp group. Any information concerned to the college may be communicated in this group. Admin of the group is Principal only.
- All students, teaching and non-teaching and principal are in another WhatsApp group. Any information concerned to the students can be communicated through this group. Admin of the group is office personnel only.
The Employee shall at all times maintain strict confidentiality and secrecy in respect of all the confidential information that he/she may acquire or possess in any manner during the course of his/her employment with Y.V.N.R. GDC and he/she shall not either directly or indirectly use, reveal, copy, duplicate, reproduce, record, distribute, disclose, take photograph in premises of institute or allow to be divulged or disclosed such confidential information in whole or in part belonging to institute in any form viz. verbal, written, digital, print, electronic, physical etc. to any third party save and except for the purpose of his/her employment with Y.V.N.R. GDC by and under the instructions and after seeking written approval from authorized person of institute.
The employees are entitled for the following types of leave:
- Casual Leave
- Earned Leave
- Medical Leave
- Maternity Leave
- Special Casual Leave
- Leave on Loss of Pay
- Paternity Leave
- Child care Leave
- Study Leave
- Sabbatical Leave
- Half Pay Leave
- Extraordinary Leave
- Surrender Leave
- Compensatory Casual Leave
- On Duty Leave
- Extra (5) casual leaves for women.
- The leave year shall be from January to December.
- Leave will be strictly monitored and will be granted only if needed.
- Staff members who are unable to report to work due to exceptional / unforeseen circumstances must send a leave message or inform to the principal before 10.am. Leave information will not be entertained after10.00a.m. and such absence will be treated as unauthorized.
- The students and staff are committed to get 100% pass in their respective subjects and departments.
- Making sure that each student passing out of the institution leaves the campus with a job in his/her hands.
The research policy of the college aims at creating and supporting a research culture among its teachers, staff and students and leverage it for enriching and enhancing the professional competence of the faculty members; for developing and promoting scientific temper and research aptitudes of all learners; for realizing the vision and mission of the college and for contributing to national development by establishing an institutional fund and plan for facilitating their participation in research and related activities and by providing the required resources and appropriate facilities. It also aims at ensuring that the research activities of the college conform to all applicable rules and regulation as well as to the established standards and norms relating to safe and ethical conduct of research. The faculty of the college shall be responsible for implementing this research policy of the college by working closely with the UGC. The specific roles and functions of the faculty to promote research policy are as follows:
- Facilitate themselves in undertaking research and will work with the college management to set up a research fund for providing seed money.
- Provide research facilities in terms of laboratory equipment, research journals and research incentives etc. required by the faculty and students.
- Encourage and promote a research culture (eg. teaching work load remission, opportunities for attending conferences etc.).
- Encourage the faculty to undertake research by collaborating with other research organizations/industry.
- Create suitable procedures for giving due recognition for guiding research.
- Facilitate the establishment of specific research units/ centers by funding agencies /university.
- Prepare budgets for supporting students’ research projects.
- Invite industry to use the research facilities of the college and sponsor research projects.
- Approach national and international organizations such as UGC, ICSSR, ICHR, ICPR, DST, DBT, UNESCO, UNICEF to fund major and minor research projects undertaken by the faculty /students.
- Make efforts to improve the availability of research infrastructure requirements to facilitate research.
- Develop and implement an official code of ethics to check malpractices and plagiarism in research.
- Facilitate interdepartmental / interdisciplinary research projects.
- Institute research awards.
- Create incentives for the faculty who receive state, national and international recognition for research contributions as well as research awards and recognition from reputed professional bodies and agencies.
- Encourage and promote the publication of research articles by the faculty in reputed/ refereed journals.
- Create and maintain a database of research work and research projects undertaken by the faculty and students.
- Publicize the research expertise and consultancy capabilities available in the college.
- Facilitate the provision consultancy services to industries / government / non- government organizations / community/public.
- Prepare rules & guidelines for grant of research related leave and other remissions.
- Prepare guidelines for design and evaluation of curriculum oriented research projects.
- Prepare student projects every year thus by inculcating research into the minds of students.
Protection of health, safety and the prevention of pollution to the environment are primary goals of the Institute. The Institute will strive to develop and provide products and services that have no undue environmental impact and are safe in their intended use, efficient in their consumption of energy and natural resources and can be recycled, reused or disposed of safely.
Mobile phone policy:
The purpose of this policy is to establish clear cut guidelines regarding the usage of mobile phones inside the campus. This policy is applicable to all those who enter the campus. Realizing the importance of communication and the possible impact of mobile phone usage inside the campus, the following guidelines are arrived at.
- Students are not permitted to use mobile phones within the campus.
- The mobile phones shall be kept in silent mode / off
- All the staff members are empowered to confiscate mobile Phones found with students violating the above rules.
- Students violating the above rules will be warned
- Staff members are allowed to use mobile phones in their respective cabins.
- Staff members are allowed to use mobile phone in the classroom for the purpose of taking online attendance only
Formation of Committees Policy:
- This policy is framed by the Head of the institution depending on the capability of the individual.
Grievances & Redressal Policy:
- The purpose of the Grievance / Redressal Policy is to provide equitable and orderly processes to resolve grievances by staff and students.
- Any grievance in the college is dealt very seriously and addressed at the earliest.